February 14, 2010

Change IS The Only Constant

We've heard it all before, right? "Billy boy, change is the only constant, so just be ready and deal with it!"...

That's all very well and good, but I think we can look at CHANGE from a slightly more positive perspective, as opposed to a fearful approach of "goodness, I better be ready for change or else..."

Change is one of the most refreshing parts of life and the only really HARD part of change is when you RESIST it, right? I have just had an amazing change...I just got back from the salon. For years I've had LONG hair...and would tie it back a month or so after a hair cut till 6 or so months later when I get it cut again.

Now, for months I knew I needed a change. I knew it in my gut that I just needed to chop off the old crappy hair and move on with a new FRESH IMAGE, one that really matched the new me!

What's the lesson here Liz?

I WAS holding back, not allowing change even though I knew I needed it. I finally took the plunge and result is far better than I could have ever imagined (I mean I LOVE my hairstyle now)! Are there areas of your life where you are resisting change, where if you just re-framed how you were looking at the situation the results would FAR SURPASS your wildest dreams? If there are, I strongly encourage you to take a look at where you're resisting and take steps towards changing. You may just find yourself so freshed afterwards that you surprise the heck out of yourself!

If you're keen to know what my hairdo is like, come visit me on Facebook.

Till next week, Love The Life You Lead

Liz





No comments:

Post a Comment